How to get to Bailey Island
- Fly into Portland (PWM) on a number of commercial airlines such as Southwest, American, Delta, United, JetBlue, Frontier, and Elite. Rental cars from all major companies are available here.
- If flight prices are very high for PWM, also try MHT (Manchester, NH) and BOS (Boston, MA)… then renting a car from there (watch out for tolls on 95, pay in cash or use your own EZPass to save money)
- Also look into flying into (or out of) BOS/MHT then flying out of (or into) PWM. You may save a ton on airfare, but could be subject to mileage and one way rental car fees. This is called an open jaw ticket, but can sometimes save a lot of money.
- Amtrak has options into Portland and Brunswick from Boston’s North Station.
- From Portland check out Casco Bay Cruise Lines for non-stop daily seasonal service to Cook’s Lobster House, around the corner from Wentworth.
- Brunswick Executive Airport offers General Aviation services and is 30 minutes from Bailey Island up Route 24